Nigerian banks swift code is an 8 or 11 characters that is unique to different banks or financial institutions across the globe. It is required for international money transfer.
This bank unique identifier was introduced by an organization called SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) and was therefore initially named after it.
It was later standardized as BIC (Bank Identifier Code). Most Nigerian banks head office swift code ends in NGLA which designate the country code (NG – Nigeria) and location code (LA – Lagos).
Nigerian Banks Swift Code: Complete BIC Codes of All Banks in Nigeria 2018.
Nigerian banks swift code is 8 characters for head offices and 11 characters for other branches across the country.
But in my experience, the headquarters BIC is all that is needed for most international transactions. Therefore, the banks swift code in this article are for only the head offices in Lagos.
But in case you need other branches like Port-harcourt, Abuja, Kano etc swift code, kindly make use of the comment box.
Below is the break down of the 8 & 11 characters of bic code for banks in Nigeria.
- First 4 characters represent the bank’s code.
- The next 2 characters represent the country code. Nigeria’s code is NG.
- Next 2 characters that follows stands for head office location. LA for Lagos.
- Last 3 characters to complete 11 is for different branches of the bank in the country.
Banks Swift Code in Nigeria.
For example, Central Bank of Nigeria Swift Code is CBNINGLA. CBNI is the bank’s code, NG is the country code and LA is the location code. CBNI-NG-LA.
- Access Bank PLC Swift Code – ABNGNGLA.
- Diamond Bank PLC Swift Code – DBLNNGLA.
- Fidelity Bank PLC Swift Code – FIDTNGLA.
- First City Monument Bank PLC (FCMB) Swift Code – FCMBNGLA.
- First Bank Nigeria Limited Swift Code – FBNINGLA.
- Gtb Swift Code – GTBINGLA.
- Skye Bank Swift Code – PRDTNGLA.
- Union Bank of Nigeria PLC Swift Code – UBNINGLA.
- United Bank of Africa Swift Code – UNAFNGLA.
- Zenith Bank Swift Code – ZEIBNGLA.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Swift Code – CITINGLA.
- Ecobank Nigeria PLC Swift Code – ECOCNGLA.
- Heritage Bank Limited Swift Code – HBCLNGLA.
- Keystone Bank Limited Swift Code – PLNINGLA.
- Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC Swift Code – SBICNGLX.
- Standard Chartered Bank Limited – SCBLNGLA.
- Sterling Bank PLC Swift Code – NAMENGLA.
- Unity Bank PLC Swift Code – ICITNGLA.
- Wema Bank PLC Swift Code – WEMANGLA.
- Suntrust Bank Nigeria Limited Swift Code – SUTGNGLA.
- Providus Bank PLC Swift Code – .
- Coronation Merchant Bank Swift Code – ADHLNGLA.
- Fbn Merchant Bank Swift Code – KDHLNGLA.
- Fsdh Merchant Bank Swift Code – FSDHNGLA.
- Rand Merchant Bank Swift Code – FIRNNGLA.
- Jaiz Bank Limited Swift Code – JAIZNGLA.
That’s all guys on full list of Nigerian banks swift code. Don’t forget to share this article using the social sharing buttons below.